Scientists who will conduct research in Svalbard must familiarize themselves with all applicable regulations. As a general rule, most field activities require a permit from the Governor.


Please use the links on the right hand side to get more information regarding research in Svalbard and the Governors requirements to research applications.

Research applications to the Governor shall be sent via

Template for research reports after fieldwork

The report shall not be longer than two pages, and remember to report according to the deadline in your permission.

Read more «Template for research reports after fieldwork»